“House Party” is Realtor.com®’s official podcast about the overlapping worlds of real estate and pop culture, hosted by Natalie Way and Rachel Stults. Click the player above to hear our take on this week’s hot topics.
After a year cooped up inside, it’s pretty safe to say that everybody had big plans for 2021—and that doesn’t exclude our favorite home improvement reality show network, HGTV.
You may recall that we discussed earlier this year the big plans HGTV had for its programming in 2021—a slate of 16 new shows on deck, including one, in particular, that caught our eye: “40 Year Old Property Virgin.” As you can imagine from the title, this show, which just premiered on the Discovery+ streaming network, profiles 40-somethings trying to buy a home for the first time.
We had to tune in—and suffice it to say: We got more than we bargained for. Who knew HGTV was the new destination for cringe? Watch the show and hear our thoughts in this week’s episode—and then let us know if you agree: email@example.com
Other topics we discuss:
- About those human remains found in Meghan and Harry’s backyard…
- The scoop on the $130K/month modern Miami rental that J. Lo and Ben Affleck used as a hideaway
- Did Shaq finally score in the game of real estate?
- An update on funnyman Will Arnett’s contemporary Beverly Hills bachelor pad
- Derek Jeter just broke a real estate record.
- And, as always, our celebrity real estate winner and loser of the week
Want more “House Party”? Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. And please: Throw us a five-star rating if you like what you hear. The more good ratings and reviews we have, the easier it is for people to find us.
Want to chime in? Have your own crazy home-related story you’re dying to share? We’re all ears, eagerly waiting to discuss all of your burning real estate questions on “The Mailbox” segment. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, follow us on Facebook and Instagram, or tweet us @housepartypod on Twitter.