“House Party” is the official Realtor.com® podcast about the overlapping worlds of real estate and pop culture, hosted by Natalie Way and Rachel Stults. Click the player above to hear our take on this week’s hot topics.
What do you get when you put our favorite HGTV stars on the beach in Gulf Shores, AL? No, it’s not a weird spinoff of “Floribama Shore”—at least we don’t think we’ll see a crew of scantily clad home renovators partying it up Snooki-style. (Although, TBH, we’d watch that.)
No, this is HGTV’s new show “Battle on the Beach,” where Ty Pennington (of “Ty Breaker”), Alison Victoria (“Windy City Rehab”), and Taniya Nayak (“Restaurant: Impossible”) each mentor a pair of renovation novices competing to fix up a house along the Alabama Gulf Coast.
The show, which airs on Sundays, premiered this week, so we tuned in to see if it’s worth the watch. Click the player above to hear our recap and thoughts on the show.
Other topics we discuss:
- We’re working on our decluttering game right now, but there are a few things we’re guilty of letting pile up—and finding hard to throw out. Do you identify with any of these?
- Rihanna could be your landlord—but how much will it cost?
- Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love‘s Los Angeles dump flew off the market in less than a month and went for over asking price. Take a look inside.
- The jaw-dropping sales price on Bette Midler‘s Upper East Side penthouse
- Steven Seagal sells his stunning Arizona home—how much did he get for it?
- And, as always, our celebrity real estate winner and loser of the week
Want more “House Party”? Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. And please: Throw us a five-star rating if you like what you hear. The more good ratings and reviews we have, the easier it is for people to find us.
Want to chime in? Have your own crazy home-related story you’re dying to share? We’re all ears, eagerly waiting to discuss all of your burning real estate questions on “The Mailbox” segment. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, follow us on Facebook and Instagram, or tweet us @housepartypod on Twitter.