“House Party” is realtor.com®’s official podcast about the overlapping worlds of real estate and pop culture, hosted by Natalie Way, Erik Gunther, and Rachel Stults. Click the player above to hear our takes on this week’s hot topics.
Is it brilliant—or a big mistake—to message homeowners and tell them you want to buy their house? This is a topic we covered a couple of weeks ago, but Erik recently experienced this firsthand. Out of the blue, he received a text message from a curious buyer asking if he’s interested in selling his house to her! We don’t know how she got his name or number, but we do know Erik has strong feelings about it. Did her offer entice him, or did it cross the line? We chat about it on this week’s episode of “House Party.”
Other topics we cover:
- Dr. Phil’s bizarre L.A. home that was sold to a 20-something “passionate stoner” with a $500,000 collection of glassware
- An open bathroom situation that places the toilets (and showers and sinks) inside the bedroom
- The coronavirus-related prepping and tips on where to store all those extra supplies
- A 6,000-square-foot former church for sale that’s a major fixer-upper with a lot of potential
- This week’s celebrity real estate winner and loser (The winner definitely didn’t make a “big mistake” when she bought this gorgeous San Francisco mansion. And the loser received a fair amount of Twitter-bashing about the odd appearance of the home he just listed for $17 million.)
Ready to listen? Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. And please: Throw us a five-star rating if you like what you hear. The more good ratings and reviews we have, the easier it is for people to find us.
Want to chime in? Have your own crazy home-related story you’re dying to share? We’re all ears, eagerly waiting to discuss all of your burning real estate questions on “The Mailbox” segment. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, follow us on Facebook, or tweet us @housepartypod on Twitter.