Vail, Colorado, is a world-class destination for skiing, outdoor adventures, and luxury mountain living. But with so many options, deciding where to stay in Vail can be a bit overwhelming.
As an experienced real estate agent in the area, I’ve handpicked the best accommodations to help you find the perfect place for your mountain getaway. Let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
- Vail Marriott Mountain Resort
- Luxury Hotels in Vail Village
- Cozy Short-Term Rentals
- Vail Mountain Lodging
- Vail Ski Resort Accommodations
Top Places to Stay in Vail, Colorado
ail Marriott Mountain Resort
Nestled at the base of Vail Mountain, the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort offers a luxurious stay. From elegant guest rooms to spacious suites, this resort caters to a variety of needs.
Amenities include a spa, heated pools, and ski-in/ski-out access. The resort is just a short walk from the Eagle Bahn Gondola, making it a convenient location for skiing enthusiasts.
KEY TAKEAWAY: The Vail Marriott Mountain Resort offers luxury accommodations and convenient access to Vail Mountain for skiing and other outdoor activities.
Luxury Hotels in Vail Village
Vail Village is a picturesque alpine town with cobblestone streets and world-class shopping.
Staying in the heart of the village allows easy access to dining, entertainment, and outdoor activities.
- The Arrabelle at Vail Square: Located in the heart of Vail Village, The Arrabelle offers lavish accommodations, exceptional service, and a rooftop pool with stunning views.
- Sonnenalp Hotel: This boutique hotel offers European-style luxury with cozy rooms, a world-class spa, and several on-site dining options.
- Four Seasons Resort Vail: Experience the ultimate in luxury at the Four Seasons Vail, featuring spacious rooms, a renowned spa, and a fine dining restaurant.
KEY TAKEAWAY: Vail Village offers a variety of luxury hotels, providing easy access to shopping, dining, and outdoor activities.
Cozy Short-Term Rentals
- Vail Village Condos: Rent a condo in the heart of Vail Village for easy access to shops, restaurants, and outdoor activities.
- Mountain View Homes: Enjoy breathtaking views and serene surroundings by renting a vacation home in the surrounding mountains.
- Friendly Accommodations: For families or larger groups, consider renting a spacious home with multiple bedrooms and amenities like game rooms and hot tubs.
KEY TAKEAWAY: Short-term rentals offer a more private and customizable experience, with options ranging from condos in Vail Village to secluded mountain homes.
Ski In/Ski Out Lodging
For those who want to stay close to the action, Vail Mountain offers several lodging options with ski-in/ski-out access and beautiful mountain views.
- Lodge at Vail: The Lodge at Vail is a charming alpine resort located at the base of Vail Mountain, offering easy access to skiing, hiking, and mountain biking trails.
- The Antlers at Vail: The Antlers is a condominium hotel with fully equipped units, perfect for families or groups seeking the comforts of home.
- Lion Square Lodge: Lion Square Lodge provides luxury accommodations, ski-in/ski-out access, and an outdoor pool and hot tub.
KEY TAKEAWAY: Vail Mountain lodging options offer convenient access to outdoor activities and stunning mountain views.
Vail Ski Resort Accommodations
When visiting Vail for its world-renowned skiing, consider staying in accommodations near the Vail Ski Resort for the ultimate ski vacation experience.
- The Sebastian Vail: The Sebastian is a boutique hotel with ski-in/ski-out access, a heated outdoor pool, and a luxurious spa.
- The Ritz-Carlton Club, Vail: Experience unparalleled service and luxury at The Ritz-Carlton Club, featuring elegant residences, a heated outdoor pool, and ski valet services.
- Manor Vail Lodge: Manor Vail Lodge offers a mix of hotel rooms and condominiums, with ski-in/ski-out access and two heated outdoor pools.
KEY TAKEAWAY: Vail Ski Resort accommodations provide convenient access to the slopes and luxurious amenities for a perfect ski vacation.
Additional Luxury Hotels in Vail Village
- Grand Hyatt Vail: Grand Hyatt Vail offers contemporary accommodations, a stunning pool overlooking Gore Creek, and an on-site spa for relaxation after a day on the mountain.
- Tivoli Lodge: This family-owned boutique hotel offers cozy rooms, warm hospitality, and a convenient location within walking distance of Gondola One.
KEY TAKEAWAY: With even more luxury hotel options in Vail Village, visitors can enjoy a variety of upscale accommodations close to shopping, dining, and outdoor activities.
Pet-Friendly Lodging in Vail
If you’re traveling with your furry friend, consider these pet-friendly accommodations in Vail:
- Vail Mountain Lodge & Spa: Vail Mountain Lodge & Spa welcomes pets and offers a spa, fitness center, and on-site restaurant.
- Destination Resorts Vail: Destination Resorts Vail offers a collection of pet-friendly condominium rentals, perfect for a comfortable stay with your four-legged companion.
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa: Located in nearby Avon, The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa is pet-friendly and offers a gondola for easy access to Beaver Creek Mountain.
KEY TAKEAWAY: Vail offers pet-friendly accommodations, ensuring a comfortable stay for both you and your furry friend.
Budget-Friendly Accommodations in Vail
For travelers seeking budget-friendly options, Vail has several choices:
- Evergreen Lodge: Evergreen Lodge offers affordable rooms, an on-site restaurant, and a heated outdoor pool, located between Vail Village and Lionshead Village.
- Holiday Inn Vail: Holiday Inn Vail provides budget-conscious travelers with comfortable accommodations and easy access to Vail’s attractions.
- Vail Racquet Club Mountain Resort: Vail Racquet Club Mountain Resort offers budget-friendly condominiums and townhomes, as well as amenities like a heated pool, fitness center, and tennis courts.
Have some questions about what it’s
really like to live in Colorado?
KEY TAKEAWAY: Budget-friendly accommodations are available in Vail, allowing visitors to enjoy the area without breaking the bank.
Vail Accommodations for Large Groups
Traveling with a large group? Consider these options for spacious accommodations:
- Minturn Rentals: Minturn Rentals offers large vacation homes with multiple bedrooms, perfect for family reunions or group trips.
- Timberline Properties: Timberline Properties provides luxury vacation rentals for groups, including large homeswith ample space and amenities like private hot tubs, game rooms, and ski-in/ski-out access.
- Vail Luxury Rentals: Vail Luxury Rentals specializes in upscale vacation homes and condos for large groups, featuring spacious living areas, gourmet kitchens, and beautiful mountain views.
KEY TAKEAWAY: Vail offers a variety of accommodations suitable for large groups, ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable stay for everyone in your party.
Vail Accommodations with Unique Amenities
For a one-of-a-kind stay, consider these Vail accommodations with unique amenities:
- Hotel Talisa: Hotel Talisa offers a luxury alpine experience with unique amenities like an on-site bowling alley, movie theater, and ice-skating rink.
- Vail Mountain Haus: Vail Mountain Haus features an on-site art gallery showcasing local artists, in addition to its comfortable accommodations and prime location near Gondola One.
- The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Vail: The Ritz-Carlton Residences offer a luxurious residential experience with access to a heated outdoor pool, hot tubs, and a ski concierge service for seamless mountain adventures.
- Vail Mountain Club: Vail Mountain Club is a luxury club and lodge located at the base of Vail Mountain, offering elegantly appointed rooms, ski-in/ski-out access, and a range of upscale amenities.
- Christiania at Vail: Christiania at Vail is a charming, Bavarian-style lodge located in Vail Village, featuring cozy rooms and suites, an outdoor heated pool, and a prime location close to shopping, dining, and entertainment.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Vail: DoubleTree by Hilton Vail provides comfortable accommodations, an on-site restaurant, and a free shuttle service to Vail Village and Lionshead Village.
- Evergreen Lodge at Vail: Evergreen Lodge at Vail is a budget-friendly hotel option, offering comfortable rooms, an outdoor heated pool, and two on-site restaurants.
- Montaneros in Vail: Montaneros in Vail is a condo-style property in Lionshead Village, providing spacious accommodations with fully-equipped kitchens, fireplaces, and access to a heated outdoor pool and hot tub.
- Vail International Condominiums: Vail International Condominiums offer vacation rentals with full kitchens, fireplaces, and balconies, as well as access to a heated outdoor pool, hot tub, and fitness center.
- Homestake Condominiums: Homestake Condominiums in East Vail provide spacious, family-friendly accommodations with fully-equipped kitchens, fireplaces, and easy access to Vail’s free bus system.
These additional hotel options in Vail, Colorado cater to various preferences and budgets, ensuring that every traveler can find the perfect place to stay during their visit.
KEY TAKEAWAY: Vail accommodations with unique amenities provide memorable experiences for travelers seeking something special during their stay.
Other Unique Places to stay in vail:
- The Arrabelle at Vail Square: The Arrabelle is a luxurious, European-inspired hotel located in the heart of Lionshead Village, featuring an ice-skating rink, rooftop hot tubs, and a lavish spa.
- The Lodge at Vail: The Lodge at Vail is a boutique hotel located in Vail Village, offering charming alpine-style accommodations, an outdoor heated pool, and an on-site restaurant with a lively après-ski scene.
- Sonnenalp: Sonnenalp is a family-owned, Bavarian-style hotel in Vail Village, featuring an indoor/outdoor pool, a full-service spa, and a cozy, authentic atmosphere.
- Antlers at Vail: Antlers at Vail is a condominium hotel located in Lionshead Village, providing spacious suites with fully-equipped kitchens, fireplaces, and private balconies with stunning mountain views.
- The Sebastian: The Sebastian is a luxury boutique hotel located in Vail Village, offering a unique art collection, a stylish bar and lounge, and a heated outdoor pool with four hot tubs and a cascading waterfall.
- The Vail Spa Condominiums: The Vail Spa Condominiums offer spacious vacation rentals with fully-equipped kitchens, fireplaces, and access to a range of amenities such as indoor and outdoor pools, hot tubs, steam rooms, and a fitness center.
- The Wren at Vail: The Wren is a condo-style property situated near Gore Creek and the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, offering guests comfortable accommodations, an outdoor heated pool, and stunning views of Vail Mountain.
These unique accommodations in Vail, Colorado, provide a variety of fun and memorable experiences for travelers looking to enjoy the best that Vail has to offer.
And some incredible places to stop by for a meal or hangout:
- Sweet Basil: A popular, upscale eatery offering creative American cuisine, with spectacular mountain views from its patio.
- Mountain Standard: A rustic-chic restaurant serving delicious New American dishes prepared on a wood-fired grill.
- The Little Diner: A cozy eatery offering hearty breakfasts and lunch options, famous for their made-to-order omelets and pancakes.
- Matsuhisa: A high-end Japanese restaurant featuring exquisite sushi and innovative dishes created by renowned chef Nobu Matsuhisa.
- Blue Moose Pizza: A family-friendly pizzeria offering delicious hand-tossed pizzas and other Italian favorites in a lively atmosphere.
- Garfinkel’s: A popular après-ski spot in Lionshead Village, serving pub fare, local brews, and offering a large outdoor patio with mountain views.
Attractions & Activities:
- Betty Ford Alpine Gardens: A beautiful botanical garden showcasing the diverse flora of the Colorado Rockies.
- Vail Adventure Ridge: A mountaintop activity center offering tubing, ski biking, a mountain coaster, and more.
- Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater: An outdoor venue hosting concerts, cultural events, and the renowned Bravo! Vail music festival.
- Colorado Snowsports Museum and Hall of Fame: A museum dedicated to preserving the history of skiing and snowboarding in Colorado.
- Walking Mountains Science Center: An educational center offering nature walks, exhibits, and hands-on programs for all ages.
- Gore Creek Fly Fisherman: A premier fly-fishing outfitter offering guided trips and lessons on the beautiful rivers and streams around Vail.
These are some cool places to eat and visit in Vail, Colorado, cater to a variety of tastes and interests, ensuring that visitors can enjoy a memorable experience in this stunning mountain destination. Along with a few activities to work up an appetite!
Are you considering moving to Colorado?
Here’s what you should know about The Smits Team:
- The top-producing real estate group in all of Colorado for EXP (150+ million in transactions last year alone)
- 17 full-time agents with a combined wealth of unique knowledge
- Cutting-edge marketing strategies, always getting you the best price quickly
- Excellent communication & stress-free home buying process
- Highly recommended by past clients and a proven track record of success
We believe the home buying process doesn’t have to be hard. Contact us here to find your dream home in Colorado.
In conclusion, Vail, Colorado, offers an extensive range of accommodations to suit every preference, budget, and group size.
From luxury hotels in Vail Village to cozy short-term rentals, ski-in/ski-out lodges, pet-friendly options, and accommodations with unique amenities, there’s something for everyone.
Use this comprehensive guide to find the perfect place to stay during your visit to Vail and make the most of your mountain getaway.
Considering relocating to Colorado?
Meet Colorado’s Top Producing EXP Real Estate Group: The Smits Team
(we did over 150 million+ in transactions last year alone…)
See more of the Smits Team’s five-star reviews on Google
The Smits Team
The mountains of Colorado hold endless possibilities for all who visit. Whether you come for the skiing, rafting, biking or just to admire the incredible beauty, sooner or later you are going to want a place to hang your hat.
Our team of professional agents understand, as we arrived here from all areas of the United States and abroad.
Here at The Smits Team share your passion for the mountains, Summit and Eagle County real estate, and we are excited to make your dream of homeownership a reality.
Try us out… we won’t disappoint! — (don’t take our word, read our 50+ Five-Star Google reviews)
FAQ’S: Where to Stay in Vail Colorado
Q: What can I expect when staying at the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort?
A: The Vail Marriott Mountain Resort offers luxury accommodations, an outdoor heated pool, hot tubs, a fitness center, and convenient access to Vail Mountain and the Eagle Bahn Gondola.
fIt’s also within walking distance of Lionshead Village and Vail Village.
Q: What is the difference between Vail Village and Lionshead Village?
A: Both Vail Village and Lionshead Village are popular neighborhoods within the town of Vail, offering a variety of hotels, shops, and restaurants.
Vail Village has a European-inspired atmosphere reminiscent of the Austrian Alps, while Lionshead Village features a modern aesthetic with convenient access to the Eagle Bahn Gondola.
Q: Are there any luxury hotels near Vail Mountain and Vail Ski Resort?
A: Yes, there are several luxury hotels near Vail Mountain and Vail Ski Resort, including The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Four Seasons Resort, Grand Hyatt Vail, and Manor Vail Lodge.
These hotels offer upscale amenities such as heated swimming pools, hot tubs, spa services, and ski-in/ski-out access.
Q: What are some budget hotels in Vail?
A: Budget-conscious travelers can consider staying at Evergreen Lodge, Vail Racquet Club, or Holiday Inn Vail. These hotels offer comfortable accommodations and essential amenities at affordable rates.
Q: How can I get around Vail?
A: Vail offers a free shuttle system that connects various parts of the town, including West Vail, Vail Village, Lionshead Village, and East Vail. The Vail Transportation Center serves as the main hub for shuttle routes.
Q: Are there any hotels with unique amenities in Vail?
A: Yes, several hotels in Vail offer unique amenities. Hotel Talisa features an on-site bowling alley, movie theater, and ice-skating rink. Vail Mountain Lodge & Spa has an on-site art gallery and the Vail Athletic Club. Gravity Haus Vail provides a slope room for ski tuning and storage.
Q: How far is Vail from Denver International Airport?
A: Vail is approximately 100 miles west of Denver International Airport. Travelers can reach Vail by car or by taking a shuttle service from the airport.
Q: Are there any hotels within walking distance of Vail Village?
A: Tivoli Lodge, Austria Haus Hotel, and Sitzmark Lodge are all within walking distance of Vail Village, offering easy access to shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
Q: Can I find accommodations with private balconies and fireplaces in Vail?
A: Yes, many hotels and vacation rentals in Vail offer rooms with private balconies and gas fireplaces, providing a cozy and comfortable atmosphere for your stay.
Q: What is the average nightly price for hotels in Vail?
A: The average nightly price for hotels in Vail varies depending on the season and the type of accommodation.
Budget hotels may range from $100 to $200 per night, while luxury hotels can range from $300 to over $1,000 per night during peak seasons. Be sure to check for special deals and promotions when booking your stay.
Q: What activities are available for non-skiers visiting Vail?
A: Non-skiers can enjoy various activities in Vail, including snowshoeing, ice-skating, snowmobiling, tubing at Adventure Ridge, shopping, dining, or visiting local art galleries and museums.
Q: When is the best time to visit Vail for a summer vacation?
A: Summer in Vail typically lasts from June to September, with July and August being the warmest months. This is the best time to visit for outdoor activities such as hiking, mountain biking, golfing, and attending festivals and events.
Q: How can I find vacation rentals in Vail?
A: There are several online platforms and local rental agencies that offer vacation rentals in Vail, including Airbnb, VRBO, East West Hospitality, and Vail Management Company.
Q: Are there any activities for kids in Vail?
A: Vail offers numerous activities for kids, including ski and snowboard lessons, Adventure Ridge with its alpine coaster and tubing, Imagination Station (a children’s museum), and various parks and playgrounds.
Q: What are some popular restaurants in Vail?
A: Some popular restaurants in Vail include Sweet Basil, Mountain Standard, The Left Bank, Almresi, and La Bottega.
Q: What shopping options are available in Vail?
A: Vail offers a variety of shopping options, including boutique shops, art galleries, and outdoor gear stores in Vail Village and Lionshead Village.
Additionally, there are outlet stores located in nearby Silverthorne.
Q: Can I rent ski and snowboard equipment in Vail?
A: Yes, there are numerous ski and snowboard rental shops in Vail, including Vail Sports, Christy Sports, and Black Tie Ski Rentals, offering a wide range of gear for all skill levels.
Q: Are there any cultural attractions or events in Vail?
A: Vail hosts various cultural attractions and events throughout the year, such as the Vail Dance Festival, Bravo! Vail music festival, Vail Film Festival, and the Alpine Arts Center.
Q: What are the best areas for hiking and mountain biking in Vail?
A: Popular areas for hiking and mountain biking in Vail include Vail Mountain, Booth Fall
Trail, Gore Creek Trail, and the North Trail System.
Find the market value of your home for FREE!
More information on The Smits Team