Is Frisco in Colorado?
Yes, Frisco is a picturesque mountain town located in Summit County, Colorado, offering a variety of year-round outdoor activities and a charming downtown experience on main street.
Introduction to Frisco, CO
Welcome to Frisco, Colorado, a charming town nestled in the heart of Summit County, offering breathtaking views and outdoor adventures for every season. Surrounded by world-class ski resorts, this picturesque town is the ideal spot for your next mountain escape.
Uncovering Frisco, CO: The Hidden Gem of Summit County
Table of Contents
- Is Frisco in Colorado?
- Introduction to Frisco
- Frisco’s Location in Summit County
- Access to Frisco: Denver International Airport
- Dillon Reservoir: The Heart of Frisco
- Downtown Frisco: A Hub of Activities
- Frisco Bay Marina: A Lakeside Heaven
- Adventure Park: Endless Fun for Everyone
- The Rich History of Frisco
Frisco’s Location in Summit County
Frisco sits in the beautiful Summit County, where you’ll find yourself immersed in the majestic Rocky Mountains.
The town is in close proximity to renowned ski resorts such as Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper Mountain, and Arapahoe Basin.
Access to Frisco: Denver International Airport
For those traveling from afar, Frisco is just a stone’s throw away from Denver International Airport.
In just under two hours, you’ll find yourself in this charming mountain town, ready for your adventure to begin.
Dillon Reservoir: The Heart of Frisco
Dillon Reservoir serves as a focal point for water activities. During summer, enjoy boating, fishing, and sailing on the lake, while taking in the breathtaking views of Buffalo Mountain and surrounding peaks.
Downtown Frisco: A Hub of Activities
Stroll down Main Street in downtown Frisco and experience its unique blend of charming local shops, diverse dining options, and lively events.
In addition, the town hosts numerous concerts, festivals, and a farmers’ market throughout the year, providing endless entertainment for residents and visitors alike.
KEY TAKEAWAY: Downtown Frisco’s Main Street is the epicenter of activity, offering shopping, dining, and year-round events.
Have some questions about what it’s
really like to live in Colorado?
Frisco Bay Marina: A Lakeside Haven
Frisco Bay Marina is a premier lakeside destination situated on the shores of Dillon Reservoir in Frisco, Colorado. As a hub for water enthusiasts, the marina offers a variety of recreational activities for visitors to enjoy during the warmer months.
For boating enthusiasts there are sailboats, kayaks, canoes, and stand-up paddleboards available for rental to explore the beautiful lake and its stunning surroundings. Fishing is also a popular pastime, with the reservoir stocked with various fish species, including trout and kokanee salmon. For those who prefer a leisurely experience, guided boat tours and scenic cruises are available, offering a unique perspective of the breathtaking mountain landscapes.
Adventure Park: Endless Fun for Everyone
Frisco Adventure Park is a family-friendly destination that features a lift-assisted tubing hill, a bike park, and a disc golf course. In the winter, enjoy snowshoe trails, cross country skiing at the Frisco Nordic Center, and horse-drawn sleigh rides. The park also hosts annual events such as the town’s fishing derby, raising funds for local nonprofit organizations opportunities .
KEY TAKEAWAY: Frisco Adventure Park provides an array of outdoor activities and events for all ages and interests.
Are you considering moving to Colorado?
Here’s what you should know about The Smits Team:
- The top-producing real estate group in all of Colorado for EXP (150+ million in transactions last year alone)
- 17 full-time agents with a combined wealth of unique knowledge
- Cutting-edge marketing strategies, always getting you the best price quickly
- Excellent communication & stress-free home buying process
- Highly recommended by past clients and a proven track record of success
We believe the home buying process doesn’t have to be hard. Contact us here to find your dream home in Colorado.
The Rich History of Frisco, CO
Immerse yourself in the town’s history by visiting the Frisco Historic Park, which features a collection of preserved buildings dating back to the 1800s. Learn about Frisco’s past through guided tours and interactive exhibits, providing a glimpse into the early days of this captivating Colorado town.
KEY TAKEAWAY: Frisco Historic Park offers visitors a chance to explore the town’s fascinating history and heritage.
In conclusion, Frisco, Colorado, is a hidden gem in Summit County that offers an abundance of year-round activities, scenic beauty, and a charming downtown experience. Its convenient location near the airport and proximity to ski resorts make it an ideal destination for travelers seeking a memorable mountain getaway.
With something to offer everyone, from outdoor enthusiasts to history buffs, Frisco is undoubtedly a must-visit town in the heart of the Rockies.
Considering relocating to Colorado?
Meet Colorado’s Top Producing EXP Real Estate Group: The Smits Team
(we did over 150 million+ in transactions last year alone…)
See more of the Smits Team’s five-star reviews on Google
The Smits Team
The mountains of Colorado hold endless possibilities for all who visit. Whether you come for the skiing, rafting, biking or just to admire the incredible beauty, sooner or later you are going to want a place to hang your hat.
Our team of professional agents understand, as we arrived here from all areas of the United States and abroad.
Here at The Smits Team share your passion for the mountains, Summit and Eagle County real estate, and we are excited to make your dream of homeownership a reality.
Try us out… we won’t disappoint! — (don’t take our word, read our 50+ Five-Star Google reviews)
Have some more questions about what it’s
really like to live in Colorado?
1. Where is Frisco, CO located? Frisco is a charming town in Summit County, Colorado, nestled in the heart of the Rockies, offering stunning mountain views and year-round outdoor activities.
2. What can I do at Frisco Bay Marina? Located on Dillon Reservoir, Frisco Bay Marina offers various water activities, including boating, sailing, and fishing, with picturesque views of Buffalo Mountain and the surrounding peaks.
3. What are some popular winter activities in Frisco? Frisco Adventure Park features a lift-assisted tubing hill, cross-country skiing at the Frisco Nordic Center, snowshoe trails, and horse-drawn sleigh rides.
4. Can you recommend a good place to stay in Frisco? Frisco Inn is a cozy and welcoming option, with close proximity to downtown Frisco’s Main Street and easy access to ski resorts like Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, Keystone, and Arapahoe Basin.
5. Are there any annual events held in the town of Frisco? Yes, the town of Frisco hosts numerous events throughout the year, including town’s concerts, a fishing derby to raise funds for local nonprofit organizations, and various winter and summer festivities.
6. What outdoor activities are available in Frisco during the summer? Summer activities in Frisco include hiking, camping, mountain biking, and disc golf at the Frisco Adventure Park’s course. Additionally, the town offers a bike park and numerous trails for exploration.
7. Are there any places to enjoy live music in Frisco? Yes, downtown Frisco frequently features live music during the town’s concerts and various events held throughout the year.
8. What makes the town of Frisco an ideal spot for a mountain getaway? Frisco’s prime location, surrounded by ski resorts, stunning mountains, and a charming downtown area, make it an ideal destination for both winter and summer adventures. With a wide range of activities, events, and trails to explore, Frisco offers endless fun for all ages.
Find the market value of your home for FREE!
More information on The Smits Team