Local Guide to Ski In Ski Out Real Estate in Summit County
Summit County Ski In and Ski Out
Summit County, Colorado lies right in the midst of the high peaks of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains and ski country. It’s also west of the Continental Divide with mountains soaring above 14,000 feet. This ski region produces powdery white snow, and the summers are warm and pleasant. It’s only about an hour’s drive from Denver, and so residents’ enjoy the quiet of high-country living, but also enjoy the convenience of having metropolitan Denver close by.
The beautiful alpine ski country of Summit County has six towns:
- Blue River
The four main ski resorts are:
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area near Dillon
- Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Copper Mountain Ski Resort near Frisco
- Keystone Ski Resort near Dillon and Montezuma
The idyllic, rural town of Breckenridge sits amidst soaring snow-capped mountain peaks and is a 150 year old mining town. In the winter, skiing is the major draw at their world-renowned Breckenridge Ski Resort. Skiers love the Breck Connect, a high-speed gondola running from town to the ski area. Also Breckenridge has the Summit Stage which provides free transportation all over Summit County. This resort area has spas, dinner sleigh rides, dog sledding, snowmobiling, gondola rides, hot air balloon rides, ice skating, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, and nordic skiing. Gorgeous flowers line Breckenridge’s Historic Main Street in the summer. Everyone enjoys hiking, biking, golfing, rafting, kayaking, and four-wheeling under summer skies.
Below are some of the most popular, unique, scenic, and interesting restaurants and pubs in Breckenridge.
- Breckenridge Brewery
- Burke & Riley’s Irish Pub
- Modis: With an eclectic menu, surrounded by Victorian ambience, this restaurant is right in the historic district.
- Blue River Bistro
- Briar Rose Restaurant & Bar: This quaint place sits atop a hill overlooking the town and serves grilled prime rib, steaks, wild game, and fresh seafood.
- Red Orchid
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory
- Salt Creek
- The Swiss Haven Restaurant
- Breckenridge Sports – Beaver Run: Ski rentals, clothing, and accessories.
- Goods: They have clothing accessories, furniture, shoes and gifts.
- Canary in a Clothesmine: A lovely boutique.
- Breckenridge Barkery: A specialty shop.
Attractions, Activities, and Things To Do
Breckenridge has a vast amount of activities and attractions that keep their residents busy all year round. The residents’ enjoy skiing, snowboarding, ice skating, cross-country skiing, rafting and kayaking, fishing and fly-fishing, horse-back riding, snowmobile tours, spa treatments, Apres ski, and many other activities as described below.
- Art on a Whim
- Breckenridge Art Gallery
- Breckenridge Fine Art Gallery
- Casarietti Studio
- Barney Ford House Museum
- Edwin Carter Museum
- Summit Ski Museum
- The Breckenridge Recreation Center
- Carter Park and Pavilion: A picturesque park on Main Street, has a gas fireplace, picnic tables, tennis courts, and restrooms.
- Kingdom Park: It has tennis courts, a basketball court, lighted skateboard park, two lighted softball fields, a soccer/rugby field, picnic tables, a playground, and restrooms.
- Whitewater Kayak Park: It has fifteen water features.
- Ben Johnson Elementary School
- Breckenridge County Area Technology Center
- Breckenridge County High School
- Breckenridge County Middle School
- Grand Timber Lodge Condo 22
- Grand Lodge On Peak 7 22
- Lewis Ranch At Copper Mtn 9
- Main Street Station - Vacation Club 8
- Beaver Run Condo 6
- Fairways At Breckenridge 6
- One Ski Hill Place 5
- Shock Hill 4
- Slopeside 4
- Cucumber Patch At Shockhill 4
- Sawmill Creek Condo 3
- Quandary Village Sub Aka Northstar Village 3
- Grand Colorado On Peak 8 3
- Old Keystone Golf Course Sub 3
- Cucumber Creek Estates 3
- River Mountain Lodge Condo 2
- Main Street Station Condo 2
- Trails End Condo 2
- Eagles Nest Golf Course Sub 2
- Gold King Placer Unsub 2